Friday, August 20, 2004

Onsen Dells

the past few days i've done a bit of travel. JOel and Yumishi and I went to Yugawara. we had a little beach time then stayed at a hotel that we hoped would have a nice onsen (natural hot springs baths). the hotel was pretty good but the hot mineral baths were pretty lame. The food they gave us was very japanese I'm told. I think a little too japanese for my tastes. Why would you take a perfectly good piece of cheesecake and put fish eggs on it? I'll have to show pictures. Anyway, after the disappointing onsen, my guides felt obligated to show me what a quality mineral bath was like. They didn't want to to leave believing that blue-tiled tub was it. So we took mnay trains to Gotemba for a very nice onsen experience. They had indoor and outdoor pools, a view of a cloudy mount fuji, saunas, and my first professional massage. A very relaxing time and a family atmosphere. I told Dave about it and he said I may have gone to what some call a 'super onsen.' I then told him my cleverly coined term "WiscOnsen Dells."

Thank you. You've been a great audience. Goodnight!

No comments: